February 10, 2012

Oh ya...this is happening.

Next August,  I will be getting on one of these...

cartoon-airplane.jpg

To get to here...

romania.jpg

To work with kids like this...



crib1.jpg


That's right! I'm leaving the country for 3 months to do an internship in Romania.
Am I scared? Yes.
Are there a million reasons to stay home? Yes.
Does my Romanian homework have red correction marks all over it because I'm a rookie at speaking the language? Yes.
Will this be the most challenging thing I've ever done in my life? Yes.
Will I ever get the chance to do this again? No.
So peeps...I'm going and I'm DOING THIS!!
Wish me luck. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am so excited for you! What a life changing experience that will be for you. You will be amazing and I am sure want to bring one of those sweet babies home with you. Keep an eye out for any Down Syndrome kids. They often get even worse conditions than the regular kids. :( I hope you have talked to Aunt Amy-she did the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to hear about it. I'm so proud of you and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auntie Jess-most of the kids I will be working with will have some kind of disability. Makes me nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey it will be scary, especially at first. BUT speaking on a first hand basis, it will be worth it. I'm in Poland right now, we've been here one week, and it's getting less scary every day. It will be as good as you make it! Make sure you learn some of the key words before you get there (my mistake) and seek out the missionaries. They can be like an added family net. Oh, and take LOTS of pictures so we can all see how it's going!

    ReplyDelete