August 15, 2014

Back To Being The Third Wheel.

Hiiii! Niki here.

So in light of my used-to-be-wedding-date being, uhh, right now, I thought it was high time for an overdue explanation.


If you didn’t know yet. I’m not getting married.


But first, I just want to say THANK YOU for everyone’s support and love through everything! Because, for reals, it means the world to me. 

And I’m super duper sorry for probably making you feel as awkward as crap when you’d ask me how wedding plans were going and I’d have to tell you that I called it off.

And sorry for taking a lifetime and a half to tell you all because I know you were dyyyying for an explanation. jk. But not jk for being sorry if that’s the case.

And sorry mom and dad for using so much of your money on deposits and such.

But on a brighter note, I didn’t send out any invites so that’s a plus right?

Hahha. K but let’s get serious.

People ask a lot what happened, and that’s hard to explain because frankly, nothing did happen. I just got more and more uneasy as plans kept happening. Jacks is a great guy and treated me like gold, but I just couldn't ignore the hesitancy I kept feeling.

Guys, marriage is HUGE.
Like for eternity. And that’s a really long time.
I’m not ready for something like that yet.
I thought I was, but I’m not.
And you know what? I’m okay with that.

So as crazy as it sounds, I’m happy right now. Very, very happy.

I’m happy about starting my major and starting into my second year of BYU track. I’m happy that I get to move in with two of my very favorite people next month and I’m happy I have the best co-workers ever. I’m happy that I’m dancing again and TAing my sissy’s dance classes. And I’m happy that my family has taken it in their hands to be play matchmaker with my incredibly awkward self. I’m just happy. Even as the third wheel again. I’m even happy that Netflix, nutella brownies and my freakin’ rad bro-in-law, B, have become my BFFs.

So all in all, it was an extremely hard, but a very right choice for me not to get married. 

Thanks for all your love and support! *muahh!*
-niki


PS, I have the most beautiful Vera Wang wedding gown, unused, size 2, if anyone is interested!

2 comments:

  1. Besides being my Adventure Buddy and Munchkin --- she is also my IDOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you listened to your heart and are HAPPY! happiness is the key! wishing you all the best, cute girl!

    ReplyDelete